Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Blog Post!


Although I resisted for some time now, I figure it's time to start a blog! Living away from family and friends makes it hard to keep in touch and even harder to show people what I have been up to lately. I hope you enjoy the blog!!!

So I thought I would start with the most recent news. Last quarter I taught a cake design class at SCAD-Atlanta. Although I love both making cakes and photography, the two passions have never really crossed paths. So I thought, "Why not combine my two loves?!?". So I ended up creating an "art gallery" cake which features photos that I took in my cake class. My students were SO talented and I jumped at the opportunity to show off their work!

The cake was photographed for the SCAD archives and I thought the image would be stored and never be seen again. I had forgotten about the cake until this past Monday. When you go to the SCAD-Atlanta website, my cake image is the second slide that pops up! How fun! And today, I got a call from the SCAD printing department stating that SCAD wanted to use my image on their yearly issue of birthday cards! I thought that once my cake was eaten, it would never be seen again...guess I was wrong!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

More photography and cake pics!!!!!! Love your blog!

Nicole Dabbs Photography said...

Thanks, Steph! I'm hoping to mainly post photography and cake pictures, but I'll sprinkle it here and there with some personal stuff as well! I'm glad you like it! You are the first to comment! Yeah!

Stephanie said...

Yes! I want to see your writing as well! That is so exciting that they will be using this cake photo for their birthday cards! :) What a wonderful design idea for a cake! Very cool!

Stephanie said...

Also...I am excited to see a link for Etsy.com on here! Susie introduced me to that site a couple of weeks ago! One of my friends from high school, Heather, has her boutique on there:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7119061

with great vintage clothing! There is a vintage SAKS wedding dress I am eyeing :)

Mary said...

This is so cool Nicole! I love it. I am so proud of you. What a great idea to combine your passions. It looks awesome on their website! I"m glad you broke down and started blogging,too. Your pix of your little God child were precious. I love their little fat legs when they're that age. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This blog is so neat, Nicole. I'm really very impressed - love the poker cake! I cannot believe you made that cake. When you enlarge the pic the detail is incredible. Your pics of Josey & Meghan's wedding are so good, and that little Chloe is a doll. You have to teach me! Love you!