Friday, December 3, 2010

Coping with Cake

We chatted while melting chocolate over a double-boiler and zesting limes. These conversations and moments remind me that a friend can lift your spirits and convince you that everything will be ok, even when a dear family member is in intensive care during Thanksgiving.

Ryan, thank you for being there for me when I needed to cry on someone's shoulder. Eating Nigella's chocolate-lime cake and watching trashy reality TV was just what I needed to give me the strength to get through the rest of the week.

Although I didn't get a chance to take a photo of our chocolate cake, the last time I visited Ryan we made this delicious trifle and it reminded me of my sick relative. Trifle is his favorite dessert and his is the best I've ever had.

trifle2

No comments: