Monday, April 25, 2011

Just Ours

Bacon was cooking, hollandaise sauce was bubbling, and english muffins were popping out of the toaster. It was Easter morning and I was making our annual eggs benedict Easter brunch. Douglas got on the phone to wish his parents a happy Easter and told them that I was making eggs benedict... the one time out of the whole year that I make it. As I was stirring sauce and flipping eggs, I smiled to myself. This is our tradition. Douglas and I don't have family in town and we are always comforted by family traditions that we grew up with. But this was one of the first times that I felt like it was our tradition... just ours. As we sat down to eat our meal I realized how lucky I am to be able to start new traditions with my little family of two, as small as they may be.

eggsbenedict

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! This is my favorite breakfast!! oh man. It makes me think of British Columbia!!
<3Lou