Friday, December 4, 2009

A Reason to Call

She never misses a day. While I'm snuggling up in my pj's, my mom calls me every night just to say hello. We usually don't have any news, usually there is nothing new. We talk about our day and what we are making for dinner. We talk about how we miss each other and how we wish we lived in the same city. We chat about our family and her dog who is always getting into trouble. Our conversations are nothing to write home about, but I look forward to them every night. It makes me feel like even though my mom lives hundreds of miles away, we don't need a reason to talk and we don't need a reason to say I love you.

Today there is a reason to call my mom and a reason to say I love you. There is a reason for me to be thankful for everything my mother has done for me and the support she has given. Today is a day to tell her she is loved and appreciated more than she will ever know, because today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom. I miss you and love you so much.

WildFlowers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nicole, I miss you and love you more than you'll ever know! You are the best :)
Love, MOM XOXO