Friday, July 23, 2010

Suitcases Are Always Too Small

I have a really big problem with over packing. I can't help it. I blame the unpredictable nature of the weather for the abundance of shirts, shoes, jackets, skirts, etc. that always make it into the suitcase, but never make it out during my vacation. I usually find myself in a panic, sitting on suitcases to fit everything, and then weighing my bags to make sure they will pass the dreaded scale at bag check-in. Those scales are the devil. I break into a sweat just thinking about watching the red letters get closer and closer to 50 lbs!

Anyway, I just got back from Buffalo, NY where I had the honor of shooting a really touching and beautiful wedding. (Which by the way, I can't wait to share the photos!) To add to the fun of shooting the wedding, I was also able to visit my family. I LOVE going to Buffalo to visit my family and I cherish every second of it.

So, as usual, on this trip I over packed. Half of the items I lugged around the airport never saw the light of day. I wish I wouldn't have packed so much because on the return flight I would have hidden these two in my suitcase. I'm determined to get them to Atlanta if it kills me.

Next time I won't pack so much and I'll make sure I have room for one mom and one puppy. Look out mom and Lily!!!

momlily1

momlily2

mom2
My mom is so beautiful!
mom1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great! MOMMA IS SO PRETTY!

Anonymous said...

Nic, I love the pics of me and Lily! I would also love to be able to fit into your suitcase! Love, MOM :o)

Anonymous said...

I love these photos! You did a great job! :)

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me. haha
-Kori