Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ralph

Growing up, my sister and I lived on enough land to have lots of creatures romp through our yard on a regular basis. The poor little animals; anytime one caught our eye, we immediately grabbed a box and "saved" it. We caught everything from birds and lizards to rabbits and mice. Unfortunately, it usually didn't end well for the animals.

Douglas and I lived in a small apartment for the first 6 years of being married. I desperately missed being outside and seeing little animals run through the yard. So you can only imagine my excitement when "Ralph" showed up on the front door step of our new house this morning. When I saw him, I let out a squeal and I immediately wanted to "save" him. But I held back, brought him some lettuce, and as soon as the coast was clear, he booked it into the woods. Good call, Ralph, you narrowly escaped from being "saved."

ralph2
ralph3
ralph1

No comments: