Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Falls Never Get Old

So Douglas and I just completed our annual Christmas trek on Monday. We drove to Nashville, TN and stayed with the in-laws for 2 days. Then we flew to Buffalo, NY to visit my family for a week. Then back to Nashville for 5 more days with the in-laws, followed by our drive back to Atlanta. Even though it's exhausting, I wouldn't trade this trip for anything. It's our fifth Christmas doing this vacation and I wouldn't have it any other way. Being around family and friends for the holidays is so priceless and we'll do what we have to do to make it happen!

Every year Douglas and I do our snow dance when we get to Buffalo. Atlanta's idea of snow is a few baby flurries that you have to see with a magnifying glass, whereas Buffalo is more like 2 feet of snow! So, to the dismay of my family, we cross our fingers for snow every time we visit. We didn't get too much snow this trip, just about 4 inches, but it was beautiful!!!! Douglas and I added to my family's annoyance when we not only wished for snow, but insisted on going to Niagara Falls in a sleet storm. Come on, it's tradition! We have to visit the falls every time we go to Buffalo and the magic never wears off. If you haven't been to see the falls, it's hard to explain how pretty they are. The photos don't do it justice, especially since it was sleeting and absolutely FREEZING!!! Just trying to take pictures was difficult and scary! The wind was so strong I worried my camera would fly away!

Here's Douglas and me at the falls. We were freezing, but loved every second!
NiagaraDabbs

And here are the falls...so pretty.
NiagaraFalls

1 comment:

lindsay earle said...

oh WOW! I've always always wanted to go there.