Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'll Help Myself, Thank You!

Lily was playing with her toys in the kitchen while my mom was getting out ingredients for her Saturday breakfast. She pushed a carton of a dozen eggs to the back of the counter, up against the wall. Since Lily is not only in her naughty teenage years, but is also too curious and smart for her own good, pushing items out of her reach is a typical precaution in my parents' house. Before she started cooking, my mom went upstairs to wash her face. As she was drying her face with a towel, she noticed that Lily was being exceptionally quiet, which is never good. My mom raced downstairs and into the kitchen. An empty carton of eggs was upside down on the floor and not one bit of evidence remained from all twelve eggs. Lily had decided to help herself to breakfast that morning.

It's pretty obvious based on my blog posts, but I love all dogs; especially Boxers. They just have a soft spot in my heart. The jowls, the funny ears, the notorious Boxer wiggle...I love it all! Although my parents' Lily is very naughty, she is the most affectionate dog I know and I love her to death! Looking at this face, how can you not love her!!!

I think this was probably the face Lily gave my mom when she was caught eating the eggs. "What?! I'm a little angel...I could never do anything bad!"
lilyland

lilyupclose

Lily2port

lilysleep

Lily2port2

This one's for my mom. She loves Boxer profile pictures.
lilyprofile

Since it's so cold in Buffalo, Lily loves to wear her coat and sit on top of the heat register when it's chilly.
lily3port

And last, but not least, is Lily's "Billy Teeth". She is one of those dogs that will literally let you do anything to her. So my sister loves to show off her under-bite by sticking her upper lip behind her teeth. It looks a little scary, but it cracks me up!
billyteeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! BILLY!!!!!
~lou

Anonymous said...

Nic, these pictures are great! I love my Lily-Belle and you captured her personality perfectly. MOM