Friday, January 8, 2010

Iced In

I ran to look out the window after hearing tires squeal loudly in our parking lot. While a car tried its hardest to get out of the lot, it slowly slid down to the bottom of the hill that leads out of our complex. Eventually cars started to line up. One by one, each car took a turn trying to go up the hill, sliding down it, and then eventually turning around to go back home. We weren't snowed in, but iced in! Since today was a work day, I was determined to not let the ice beat me. I went outside with my snow boots (which I was so excited to actually wear for snow!) to get a good look at what I would be dealing with. I slipped and slid across the parking lot which had literally become an ice skating rink. I couldn't even see the pavement...it was solid ice! There was no way I was getting out today, so instead of sitting around inside, Douglas and I decided to go on a little walk on our hiking path behind our apartment.

Since one of my goals for 2010 is to be a little more open and personal on my blog, here are some fun photos from our "Ice Day"!

Douglas looking adorable, as usual. I particularly like that you can see his breath!
Douglas

DouglasNicole

SnowTriptych

I LOVE THE SNOW!!! Can you tell?
Nicole

He's a cutie.
Douglas2

This is my general feeling toward having my picture taken. Douglas was trying so hard to learn how to use my camera...I'm afraid I'm not a very good model.
Nicole2

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you sista

Meghan said...

so fun and cute!!

Anonymous said...

Nic, Your photos made me smile :) You and Douglas are so adorable. I MISS AND LOVE YOU BOTH! MOM XOXO

lindsay earle said...

LOVE this post!! You two are such a cute pair. And those cute faces you're making are still fresh in my memory :) Thank you for the glimpse into your life, I loved it.

Anonymous said...

These are so much fun! Glad you enjoyed your ice day. ~ Liz