Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Dynamic Duo

Every Labor Day, Douglas and I drive to our hometown, Nashville, TN to visit our family and friends. Going home is always a treat and some of my happiest times are spent there. Although there are many reasons that I love going back home, there are two very special individuals that make my time there even better. These are my little (well, actually big...try 50-60 pounds) babies and I get my fill of cuddle time when I'm with them.

The first picture is of the big bear, Humphrey. Humphrey was a rescue and he has found his forever home with my in-laws. He's such a lover and definitely uses his brute strength to his advantage. He will follow you around the house and just give you this look shown in the below picture. If he could talk, he would repeatedly say, "I looove youuu." in a deep, slow, Southern voice.
Basset-Hound_Humphrey

And this little girl is Clementine. She is definitely the princess of the house and she can never have enough spoiling! Clementine is extremely curious and adventurous and loves to get in high places. Her favorite place to lay is on the backrest of the couch, just like a cat! If she could talk, she would scream in a high pitch, girlie, but demanding voice, "Love on me!!!".
Basset-Hound_Clementine

I love these pups, and I'm counting down the days until we see them this weekend! I will definitely be posting more pictures of them after Labor Day!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Sweet Doggies!

Abigail said...

Those are such great pictures! It seems like you really captured their personalities. I'll have to schedule a photoshoot for Norman with you soon!

Unknown said...

How can you not just fall in love with these two dogs? You really caught on camera what they're really like. I've ever seen two more precious, sweet dogs (If I do say so myself)!