Monday, September 28, 2009

Shower Cake in a Flood

The weather situation in Atlanta this past week has been a little scary. After over a week straight of rain, flash floods wreaked havoc on a number of people's homes and made driving anywhere not only dangerous, but time-consuming.

On Saturday, as I waded through ankle-deep water, holding a cake in one hand, and an umbrella in the other, I thought to myself, "This can't be good". Transporting multiple tiered cakes is never an easy task and is always guaranteed to be stressful, however, the torrential downpour and flash-flooding that has been occurring in Atlanta the past week definitely didn't help the situation! After squinting through a rain covered windshield and avoiding a wreck on the side of the interstate, I finally made it to my destination, cake in tact! Miracle of miracles! I was so thankful that the cake made it safely because not only was this cake meant for a bridal shower, but the shower host was my boss!

BridalShowerCake

No comments: