Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Lou!

A pause, and then an, “Oh…”, greeted me when I answered the phone last night. It was my sister, Laura (a.k.a. Lou). That “Oh…” made my heart sink because I knew exactly why she was calling. With high hopes, Lou had called my house hoping that I would not answer…hoping that I was on a flight up to Buffalo, NY…and hoping that I would surprise her for her birthday. As much as I wanted to visit her for her birthday, no matter how hard I tried, I could not make it work out…many forces were against me. I won’t bore you with the details!!

Living in another state makes me cherish every minute I get with my sister, and although I am not in Buffalo to help her celebrate, I’m there in spirit doling out hugs and kisses and wishing Laura a very Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday Lou! I love you!

BirthdayCandles

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Oh, that makes me very sad, Nicole!

Happy Birthday, Laura!! Please come see us soon - we love you!

Anonymous said...

NICOLE!!! You are the BEST sister in the world! I love you so much!! This made me tear up! I looove you and I wish you could`ve been here... but I`ll see you soon :) Thank you for being soooo amazing! I LOVE YOU!!!! FOREVER AND EVER!
~lou