Saturday, October 3, 2009

A French Chateau in Georgia

I recently discovered Chateau Elan when my mom and sister came to visit Atlanta for the third time. Desperate to find something different to entertain them with, I thought, "Why not a winery?!". Chateau Elan is so cute, and although I am not a fan of wine (I’m trying to like it, I really am!!!), the tasting and tour are so much fun! The port wine they make is delicious and I think it’s one of the better ports I have had.

Chateau Elan is located about an hour and a half north of downtown Atlanta, and the time to visit is in the fall when the grape harvest takes place. You can actually watch the wine being made. Although there isn’t a whole lot to actually do on the property, it makes a fun day trip! I think this picture makes Chateau Elan look like a beautiful get-away in France!

ChateauElan1

1 comment:

Kate @ Warm Olives said...

Oh wow, Chateau Elan! I actually handle some of the marketing for the spa at this wonderful place. It's a lovely way to spend the day, I agree.