Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Knock, Knock. Who's There? Lemon Square.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the cooler weather or a need for just good food in general, but all of the sudden, I have the strongest urge to bake and cook everything from scratch. FROM SCRATCH??!!! Fresh fruits and veggies at the farmers' market have been calling my name and I've used that as an excuse to cook like crazy! I feel like a 1950's housewife...before you know it I'll be wearing pearls and heels in the kitchen! Although I am by no means a self-proclaimed chef, I can follow a recipe like no one's business, and occasionally I'll add my own little spin on it.

I found the lemon bars receipe on a neat blog called Cannelle et Vanille, but originally it's from Magnolia Bakery. Mmmm...Magnolia Bakery! I will say, it will be a LONG time before I make this again. Even though it was so delicious, it took me all afternoon to squeeze/zest the lemons and make that flakey crust. On the plus side, it made a ton of bars and it made the whole house smell like lemons!

LemonSquares

1 comment:

Abigail said...

they were deeeeelicious, I can atest to that!